Walking Dead or Game of Thrones

Monday, 22 June 2015

Post-Performance Reflection -- Romeo and Juliet Project

My character is Romeo, the son of one of the most powerful men in Verona, he falls in love with the daughter of his family’s rivals, and a drastic chain of events after causes many deaths. I have never played Romeo before and knew it was a hard part, but I was ready for the challenge. I wanted to show his love for Juliet through my eyes and movements around her, and when I spoke about her apparent death, I tried to make it so you could hear the sadness in my voice.
            The performance went well for me, even though it was hard to hear without any microphones. I feel that I accurately represented Romeo’s sadness, and that he had given up on life in his last speech. However, if I could change anything, I would have wanted to speak a little louder so the audience could hear me clearer.

            Although I have recently done a performance of Macbeth, I feel that I have learned even more about Shakespeare in this unit, through the language and the particular way of speaking it. This will be very helpful in future ELA classes that I might have, because I will have a better way of understanding the rhythm of words and making that rhythm count in any piece of text I write.    

No comments:

Post a Comment